Sunday, August 1, 2010

Key West - Key Largo - Miami - Fort Lauderdale

Once again, I am a few days late with the blog. Let's get started where I left off: Key West.



First, we wanted to go to Dry Tortugas. But when we arrived at Key West the Lady in the Motel gave us some other options which were at least as interesting and cost half the price. So we decided to go on a "Danger" trip - which is very very safe :-P.
The "Danger" trip is a sailing trip that includes snorkeling, kayaking and sailing of course. The trip started at 3.30 p.m. and we came back after sunset. Sunset on a sailing boat is very beautiful! Together with beer, wine, fruits and snacks even better ;-).



As already written, the trip started at 3.30 p.m., therefore we had a lot of time left before that. So we went Jet Skiing :-D  I laughed so much I drank about a gallon of salt water :-P.

We stayed the night in Key West and drove back the Keys in the morning. First we wanted to go directly to Miami but shortly before Key Largo we decided to go snorkeling again - this time we wanted to see the reefs.
There are a lot of offerings for snorkeling. We took the most popular one - which turned out to be the one with the most children... oh boy... We went out to the reef (about half an hour trip). The reef was very cool. We bought a under water camera first to take some pictures. I doubt that there will be any usable pictures :-P But it was fun anyway.

Yesterday we went to Miami. Wow - this is a poser city. I will never ever go to this city again :-P Even the Art District isn't worth going there. All the people there look as if they would go to the fitness studio all year long just to pose in Miami Beach once a year. The only reason to go there is to drink and to party. But I don't have to go that far for doing that...



After Miami we drove north until Fort Lauderdale. This is much nicer - and they have the best Baby Spare Ribs ever! This is where we stayed until this morning.

I saw my first cockroach this morning - gross. It was about 5-6cm long. I didn't cry out and I wasn't afraid of it. But I hated it as soon as I didn't see it any more... it could have gone in my bag or something.

Now we are in a motel called Fawlty Towers in Cape Canaveral where we want to go to the NASA Space Center tomorrow. We arrived already at 4 o'clock and wanted to go swim again. But unfortunately, today is the first raining day :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment